STO Transit Bus Idling - Victory!
For about 20 years, prior to 2008, Gatineau STO transit buses would use King Edward Avenue as a staging area for many of its bus routes along Rideau Street. At times, there were as many as 20-40 buses lined up along the avenue spewing out noise and pollution. Finally, after years of fighting this issue, the community, with Councillor Bédard's help, was successful in having a motion passed by city council to ban all transit bus parking from King Edward Avenue and other residential streets in Lowertown.
- Transportation Committee and City Council Reports and Minutes
- Letters of Support, November 2008
- Draft Letter to Councillors, August 2008
- Petition, August 2008
- Bus Ban in Works for King Edward, City Journal Article, September 2007
- Summary of Meeting with STO and Officials, June 2007
- Letter - Andrew Fleck Child Care Centre, May 2007
- STO Ridership Graph, 2001-2007
- Buses Limited on King Edward, February 1991 - Link to news library
- Clogging King Edward, Ottawa Citizen Article, January 1991
- Sursis pour les autobus, Le Droit Article, January 1991